DOT Physical Examinations
Call now to schedule your DOT/CDL Physical Examination
If you’re in need of a DOT Physical Exam, look no further than Healing Touch Chiropractic. Conveniently located in San Jose, CA, we provide a one-stop-shop for your DOT physical needs.
Choose Healing Touch Chiropractic because:
- We provide quick, efficient, and high-quality services.
- We can accommodate same-day appointments (subject to availability).
Before you arrive
- Listed below are areas of the examination that commonly require more documentation or possible disqualification. If you are required to have any medical clearance or exemptions, please have all documents handy at the time of exam.
- The Department of Transportation requires your blood pressure to be below 140/90 to qualify for a two-year certification.
- If you are prescribed any medication to control your high blood pressure, please bring it with you.
- Avoid coffee, tea, or other caffeinated beverages for at least one hour before your appointment.
- Arrive in comfortable clothing that provides easy skin access for a blood pressure cuff.
- Have your Hemoglobin A1C numbers on hand. Ask your primary care provider for your recent blood results.
- If you use insulin to control your diabetes, you will need a Federal Diabetes Exemption from your primary care provider.
- Bring documentation of your sleep study from your primary care provider or facility. CPAP compliance is required for certification.
- Please note that drivers with sleeping conditions must be re-certified annually.
- A urine sample is required at the time of examination.
- Please note that, in addition to any other tests or certifications that may be required, drivers at risk of certain cardiac diseases may be required to have annual re-certifications to ensure they are fit to drive.
- If you have had a prior heart attack (MI), it is required to bring in a letter of clearance from your cardiologist. There must be a two month wait period after your heart attack to be qualified. Please note that an annual re-certification examination is required, and a cardiac stress test is required every two years.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI): The driver must have a negative exercise tolerance test (ETT) three to six months after the procedure. Annual re-certification with cardiologist clearance is required, and further ETT tests must be performed every two years.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: Driver must have a yearly ETT five years after the grafting, with annual re-certifications.
- Valve Replacement: Driver must undergo a three-month wait and clearance by a cardiologist. Must be on anticoagulation therapy unless a bio-prosthetic valve is used. Annual re-certification with clearance by a cardiologist is also required.
Contact us now to schedule your DOT/CDL Physical Examination.